The Gift of Hearing Appeal raises funds for research into ear and hearing disorders, specifically focusing on the pursuit for a cure for hearing loss. Through our Change a Life program we provide hearing devices and hearing implants for those that are unable to access life changing technology, helping to unlock a world of hearing that was previously unattainable.
Hearing loss greatly impacts a person’s quality of life.
The Gift of Hearing Appeal works to elevate these impacts.
The true global impact of the Gift of Hearing is possible thanks to the generosity and commitment of our incredible donors - and the work of our talented support team, clinicians and scientists.
Join us as we continue to make a difference:
- We are developing the world-first ClearDrum® device, an implantable silk membrane that repairs damaged eardrums. When clinical trials are complete, ClearDrum® will change thousands of lives around the globe for people living with eardrum perforations.
- We’ve been one of the first groups in the world to grow an inner ear organoid, a cochlear, in our lab, which could revolutionise treatments for currently incurable conditions such as Usher syndrome.
- We’re developing new diagnostic tests for early detection of dementia, and discovering ways to reduce the risk of dementia later in life.
- We visit remote Indigenous communities in the Pilbara and provide much-needed hearing health care for children.
- We also recondition donated hearing aids for Western Australians in need and for children in countries such as Cambodia, Indonesia and the Philippines.