Ear Science Institute Australia (ESIA) is a not for profit organisation that through its clinical, research, education and community activities is dedicated to improving the quality of life for those with hearing loss and hearing disorders.
ESIA is looking for an experienced Event and External Stakeholder Relations Administrator.
This is a part time role 2 days/week based in Subiaco and is part of small marketing team that services the entire organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Fundraising and events
- Organise, manage and execute the annual Gift of Hearing Appeal fundraising event including liaising with external event organisers, maintaining budgets and donor records.
- Develop and project manage all fundraising collateral production.
- Identify, develop, manage and implement new fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
- Manage all fundraising financial transactions and reporting.
- In collaboration with the Community and Education personnel, develop and implement community event plans and assist with community event execution as needed.
External Stakeholder relations
- Develop and maintain continuous relationships with donors including maintaining ongoing contact and providing information about ESIA activities on a regular basis through newsletters, information sessions and regular informative tours of ESIA facilities.
- Develop and organise other events throughout the year to build and improve relationships with external stakeholders and to increase awareness of ESIA as an organisation and ESIA’s work.
- Pro-actively identify and build new relationships with potential donors, supporters and external stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and manage the ESIA Bequests program for donations.
- Create collateral and promotional material for the Bequest program.
Marketing Department Support
- Provide direct support to Marketing Manager.
- Assist in preparing other publications, such as factsheets, reports and submissions for example by providing editing support and strategic advice.
- Liaise with Advertising, PR and Creative organisations
- Report on activities against budget
- Reporting on weekly activity plan
- Assist with general marketing duties
- Assist with miscellaneous items
Minimum of 4 years working in an events/external stakeholder relations role, which includes:
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in large events organisation and execution, including financial aspects.
- Experience identifying and implementing fundraising initiatives.
- Experience in handling and interacting with high net-worth individuals in a professional, courteous and discreet manner.
- Knowledge and experience in establishing and managing a bequest program.
- Effective organisational skills including close attention to detail.
- Budget management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly professional standards and presentation.
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Motivated to present the organisation to the highest level of excellence.
- A high level of organisation skills and business acumen.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains integrity and trustworthiness.
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive attitude.
- Able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a strong team, be energetic and have the ability to meet strict deadlines.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and a cover letter though the ‘Apply for this job’ button on Seek. Please no agencies.
We look forward to hearing from you.