Provides skills to identify and treat earache, common minor ear ailments, infections and abnormalities
- Anatomy and physiology
- Identification of common disorders and abnormalities of the ear, foreign bodies, earwax blockage, exostosis, otisis externa (swimmers ear) and fungal infections.
- Ear examination with otoscope
- Safely perform ear irrigation
Included in cost:
- Teaching by experienced clinicians
- Hands on skills practice
- Small group teaching – max group 4
This 1 day course is suitable for nurses, GPs, registrars and audiologist with recent clinical practice. During the day a group of up to 8 people (maximum) will participate in small group scenarios. The session is RACGP certified (QI&CME CAT 2, 7 points), ACRRM certified (6 PRPD points) and NMBA certified (7 CPD points for nurses/midwives). The course costs $325 per participant.