Provides skills to identify and treat earache, common minor ear ailments, infections and abnormalities.
- Identify earwax blockage (cecumen impaction) – safely remove and proceed with treatment
- Ear examination with an otoscope, headlight and specula
- Safely perform ear wax removal – ear suction, scooping
Included in cost:
- Teaching by experienced clinicians
- Hands on skills practice
- Small group teaching – max group 4 per instructor
This course is suitable for GPs, registrars, audiologists and nurses with recent clinical practice. Over the course of 3.5 hours (8:30 am - 12:00 pm) a maximum group of up to 12 people will participate in small group scenarios. The session is RACGP certified (QI&CME CAT 2, 8 points) and ASA certified (activity number: CPD 13 044, 5 CPD points). The course costs $275 per participant.