Offers practical advice and strategies to optimise management of patients with excess ear wax or a foreign body.
- Ear examination with an otoscope, headlight and specula
- Identify ear wax blockage (cerumen impaction) - safely remove and proceed with treatment
- Safely perform ear wax removal – ear suction, scooping
Included in cost:
- Teaching by experienced clinicians
- Hands on skills practice
- Small group teaching – max group 6 per instructor
This course is suitable for GPs, registrars, audiologists and nurses with recent clinical practice. Over the course of 3.5 hours (8:30 am - 12:00 pm) a maximum group of up to 12 people (1 instructor per 6 participants) will participate in small group scenarios. The session is RACGP certified (QI&CME CAT 2, 8 points) and can be ASA accredited for Audiologists (Audoligists can submit for accreditation). The course costs $275 + booking fee.