Provides skills to maintain an airway in an unconscious patient using initial techniques and adjuncts.
- Assessing airway and breathing
- Opening an airway using basic manoeuvres
- Guedel airway and nasopharyngeal airway insertion
- Laryngeal mask airway insertion
- Endotracheal intubation/assisting with intubation
- Advanced airway techniques
Included in cost:
- Teaching by experienced clinicians
- Small group teaching – max group 4
- Hands on skills practice
This course is suitable for nurses, GPs, site medics and registars with recent clinical practice. Over the course of 3 hours (8:30 am - 11:30 pm) a maximum group of up to 10 people will participate in small group scenarios. The session is both RACGP certified (Cat 2, 7 points) and ACRRM certified (8 PRPD points + 8 PRPD EM MOPS points) and costs $255 per participant.