90% of children survive cancer but half have permanent damage to their hearing due to chemotherapy
With your help, we can change this statistic
Can a bottle of wine help cure hearing loss? Make a bid for Ear Science Institute Australia’s Gift of Hearing silent auction, and you can be part of finding the cure.
Place your bid in our silent auction on a piece of political history in an amazing collection of 21 premium bottles of wine, each signed by current and former senior government ministers, including Malcolm Turnbull, Julie Bishop, Michaelia Cash & Ken Wyatt, to name a few.
Make a cure for hearing loss a reality | Place your bid in the Silent Auction
Professor Barry Marshall AC private wine collection | silent auction
Like our Institute, this collection donated by Professor Barry Marshall is truly remarkable. This is your chance to grab a piece of our political history with a rare collection of 21 premium bottles of Australian wine, each signed by current and former senior government ministers, including Malcolm Turnbull, Julie Bishop, Michaelia Cash & Ken Wyatt, to name a few.
Place your bid in our silent auction via the form above to secure this historic collection.
- Penfolds Cabernet Sauvignon Bin 707 (South Australia) – Vintage 1998 signed by Malcolm Turnbull MP Prime Minister, Leader of the Liberal Party
- Moss Wood (Margaret River) Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 signed by Julie Bishop MP Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party
- Pierro (Margaret River) Chardonnay 2011 signed by Peter Dutton MP Minister for Immigration and Border Protection
- Penfolds (Barossa Valley) RWT 2001 Shiraz signed by Barnaby Joyce MP Deputy PM, Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, Minister for Resources and Northern Australia
- Cullen (Margaret River) Diana Madeline 2015 signed by Senator George Brandis QC Attorney-General, Leader of the Gov in Senate, VP of the Executive Council
- Cullen (Margaret River) Kevin John 2015 signed by Senator Fiona Nash Minister for Regional Development, Minister for Regional Communications, Minister for Local Gov and Territories, Deputy Leader of the National Party
- Leeuwin Estate Art Series (Margaret River) Chardonnay 2013 signed by Senator Mathias Cormann, Minister of Finance, Deputy Leader of the Gov in the Senate
- Joseph River Estate (Margret River) Cabernet Sauvignon – 2009 Reserve signed by Senator Simon Birmingham Minister of Education & Training
- George Taylor Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River) Cab Sav 2014 signed by Senator Arthur Sinodinos AO Minister for Industry, Innovation & Science
- Sandalford (Margaret River) Prendiville Reserve signed by John Frydrenberg MP Minister of Environment and Energy
- Penfolds (South Australia) Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon 2006
- Vasse Felix (Margaret River) Heytesbury Chardonnay 2015
- Juniper Estate (Margaret River) Cab Sav 2005 signed by Christopher Pyne NP Minister for Defence Industry, Leader of the House
- Penfolds Kalimna Shiraz Bin 28 (South Australia) 2013 signed by Greg Hunt MP Minister of Health, Minister of Sport
- Picardy (Pemberton) Pinot Noir 2014
- Singlefile (Frankland River Great Souther) Shiraz 2014 signed by Kelly O’Dwyer MP Minister for Revenue and Financials
- Woodlands (Margaret River) Wilybrup Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2015 signed by Senator Marise Payne, Minister of Defence
- Evoi (Margaret River) Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 signed by Christian Porter MP Minister of Social Services
- Castelli (Great Southern) Shiraz 2015 signed by Senator Michaelia Cash Minister for Employment, Minister for Women, Minister Assisting the PM on the Public Service
- Cape Mentelle (Margaret River) Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2016
- Juniper (Margaret River) Crossing Cabernet Merlot 2014 signed by Ken Wyatt, Minister for Aged Care and Minister for Indigenous Health
Silent Auction will close on the 27th of May 2022. GOOD LUCK
Ear Science Institute Australia is a West Australian not-for-profit medical research institute. A team of the brightest minds from across the globe collaborate to enhance the lives of those with ear and hearing disorders, discovering and delivering innovative treatments to patients today and developing ground-breaking cures for tomorrow’s generation.
With the support of people like you, our scientists can continue developing groundbreaking ear and hearing treatments.
We know that 90% of children survive cancer. However, about half have permanent damage to their hearing due to chemotherapy (Cancer Council; 2021). There is currently no proven prevention or cure.
Hearing is important
For a mother to hear her baby’s first words
For children to hear their friends laughing at a joke
To hear the words, “I love you”
For our future leaders to get the education they need to be our next Prime Minister when they grow up
For our business executives to hear in the board room
For families to say goodbye to their loved ones when that difficult time comes.
How does research help people with hearing loss?
Through our research, we will understand better what causes hearing loss, giving us a better chance of preventing and ultimately curing hearing loss.
Our major push for research in 2022 will be to develop a nano-gel that will be injected into the ear before chemotherapy to protect the ear against hearing loss. You can be part of this groundbreaking research that will truly change the lives of so many children.
All of our research projects have the potential to bring us one step closer to finding a cure for hearing loss.
Hearing Loss affects your mental and physical wellbeing
You might be surprised to learn how hearing loss can impact your body.
Hearing loss can affect both your mental and physical well being.